Yesterday I installed Shaun Inman’s new mint on my site. Three words: I love it.
1) It looks fantastic (it even matches brilliantdays.com’s color scheme) – AND displays close to everything I would like too see of vistor data for my site (with the right Peppers installed).
2) Peppers: Small pieces of code that make mint even better. Head over to the Haveamint supoort forum and have a look. Some essential ones:
- XXX strong mint – gives you IP’s and paths for different visitors.
- Feedburner stats pepper – displays your Feedburner stats in mint.
- Outgoing clicks pepper – shows you where your visitors clicked out of your site.
Error tracker pepper – lists all 404 errors visitors get on your site.
3) The data is right here at my own site, not at someone else’s. Ok, that can be both good and bad. I use Statcounter as well, which I highly recommend if you don’t want to buy mint and upload updates of peppers all week…
Three feature requests
1) 24 hour clock in visits. AM/PM is so 1900…
2) More graphs. There’s a sparkline plugin underway. But I would like big shiny graphs like the ones Statcounter presents me.
3) Export data to my desktop in some nice way. I could dive into the SQL with the data. But that is a little bit beyond what I consider fun. So a little green button that takes all the data to a format Filemaker or Excel could mess with.
The Haveamint supoort forum is full of good ideas and help for installing mint and peppers. And every six hours or so, there’s a new brilliant pepper in progress.
As for wish #2: Scott McMillin is on the case. Love it.blog comments powered by Disqus